Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Living in America...

means not having to eat orange peel.


Today at lunch she ate her noodles....and an orange...
and then tried to eat the PEEL!

She's never done that before.

I stopped her and said, "Don't eat the peel."
She said, "I ate it in China."
I said, "You live in America now. You don't have to eat the peel!"
She said, "It's good."

And this goes for chicken bones too! In China she ate the chicken bones. She wants to eat them now and again, my response is "You live in America; you don't have to eat the bones." I grew up not eating orange peel or chicken bones. Is it just me? Do other Americans eat chicken bones and the peel of an orange?

 WOW! She's so "Americanized" but sometimes these little things pop up and remind me that
less than 1 year ago she lived in China!

On the flip side, she's lost so much of her language...


She tried to sing a little Mandrin kid's song this morning

but only remembers the FIRST WORD!

But we all remember the tune....but we don't know the words!
Sad :(
But good, because she sure knows a LOT of English!

No comments:

Post a Comment